Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday Favorites

Thank goodness it's Friday!  Hope all of you have had a great week.  I am super excited for this weekend, especially because of Valentine's Day and Mitch is able to get away from work YAY!!  I am linking up with Andrea, Erika, and Narci today for Friday Favorites :-)  If you haven't already, go check out their ADORABLE blogs!

Cliff Bars
Oh my word, these things are the best and I probably have at least one every single day.  I usually eat one in the morning if I'm running late or in the afternoon to tide me over and they are the perfect little boost of energy!  My favs are the Chocolate Brownie and Chocolate Chip flavored (for obviously reasons) ;-)  I know the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut is really popular and I've heard the Mint Chocolate Chip ones are pretty tasty as well!

CLIF BAR Chocolate Brownie

product image

Sister Necklaces
Brooke and I were in Francesca's and got the most adorable sister necklaces. They have a bunch of new mini cards with necklaces attached out right now and I wanted to get them all!  One of them said "Will you help me tie the knot?" and had the cutest little knot necklace attached. Another said "You're a Hoot" and had the cutest little owl necklace. I think these would make the perfect gifts. I couldn't find them online but if you have a Francesca's around you, go check them out :-)


Favorite Verse This Week
Phillipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

Ever since I was little this verse has been one of my favorites because my birthday is on 4/13 and it was always easy for me to remember. There is so much power behind these words and reassurance that has gotten me through so many of the hardships I've experienced.

I'll be the first to admit that I have the WORST habit of saying things like "I'm never going to get this done" or "I'm gonna fail this exam." This mindset fails to acknowledge Christ living in me, enabling me to do ALL things. I pray to replace "I can't" with "I can do all things through Christ." His power is made perfect in my weakness.

Post your #PrayerRequest on Instapray.com Download the free prayer app. #Pray with the world -----> www.instapray.com


Dustin Lynch
I am so excited to be going to Dustin Lynch for the second time tonight!  When I found out he was coming to Bloomington, I knew I had to get a ticket.  I am a huge country music fan and I love his songs! "Where it's At" was my all-time favorite for awhile and I'd have to say "Mind Reader" is another fav. I'm relying on my excitement for this concert to get me through class today! 

 


Crazy Love
I first received a copy of this book during my high school graduation ceremony at church. I'm notorious for collecting all these books and never finishing them cover to cover. I think I got through parts of it, but never actually read it all the way through.

This semester, as part of a reading assignment, we were asked to select an inspirational book of our choice from a list provided by our professor and I was very surprised (and excited) to see this book title! I figured it was about time I got around to finishing it and I have heard so many great things about it.

With Valentine's Day this week, I figured it was the perfect time to start reading it!  I am completely in awe of God's "crazy, relentless, all-powerful love."  

Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God, Revised and Expanded

"God is calling you to a passionate love relationship with Himself. Because the answer to religious complacency isn't working harder at a list of do's and don'ts--it's falling in love with God. And once you encounter His love, you will never be the same.
Because when you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything"


Happy Friday everyone! Enjoy your Valentine's Day weekend and don't forget to spread lots of love! XO Alex

1 comment:

  1. That Sister Necklace is the sweetest thing i've ever seen! I think I may order one for Macie as part of her MOH gift. Thanks for the great idea! Also, I love Crazy Love. Francis Chan is one of my favorite authors! Such a great read! Have a wonderful weekend, Alex! :)

    ReplyDelete