Thursday, February 26, 2015

Thankful Thursday


Happy Thursday! Hope everyone is having a great week so far...we are ALMOST there! Today I am linking up with two of my favorite bloggers, Maddie and Addie to share a couple of the things I am thankful for!

This week I am thankful for my Oklahoma family.
For the most part, all of my family lives in Oklahoma (both sets of grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins...).  I'd have to say it's one of my favorite states and growing up it's always been my favorite place to travel.  I don't get to see these people nearly enough so when I do, my heart is overwhelmed!

My Aunt Ashley and sweet cousin Dalton flew in last Sunday to visit. My mom picked them up from the airport and she brought them to visit us in Bloomington for the night because they had never been.  Their visit consisted of lunch at Yogi's and a trip to the store to stock up on groceries (this is one of my favorite things since coming to college by the way haha).

That night, we started our sleepover with one of our favorite classics: Sixteen Candles.  The boys were playing a game on the iPad and all of us girls managed to squeeze on the couch ;-)
 

In the morning the kiddos woke up and played some competitive Uno.  I think Zac forgot to say the word when he got down to one card and it cost him a potential win.  Poor guy haha!

Before they headed home and dropped me off at class we had a delicious lunch at the cutest little cafe:  The Runciple Spoon.  I think the little ones enjoyed it :-)

I got to head home last night to spend the rest of the week with Aunt Ash and Dalton before they head back to OK!

Speaking of the Oklahoma fam, here's a few of my favorite throwbacks (appropriate for Thursday, right?!)

 Here's a picture with my "Pops and Grammie" a couple years ago when they were able to visit Indiana for Thanksgiving:

Here's a favorite of me and Dalt at Christmas two years ago:

Here's another picture of Dalton with one of our favorite Sooners, Sterling Shepard:

And last but not least, a selfie with Grammie from my trip to Oklahoma last summer haha:


Being home means homecooked meals (or dinner out on the town with the fam), and for that I am thankful!
Since I have been to college, I think one of the things I look forward to the most about coming home is the food!  However, this week I had some pretty great experiences with food while I was at school.

First, Mitch and I attmpted to make chicken tacos and fries and let's just say we forgot about the fries until it smelled like the place was going to fall to the ground:

However, I'd say we did much better when we whipped out these delicious (and adorable) nachos:

On Monday, Ashlee and I always work on lab reports and watch the Bachelor!  She told me she was bringing over pizza and showed up with two larges.  The best part is, we were the only ones eating haha.  I guess you can't pass up a buy 1, get 1 free!


Dont' forget to count your blessings this week :-)

1 comment:

  1. BOOMER SOONER!!!! I love OU! Also, your grandma is so adorable! and I absolutely love the little heart on top of the nachos...so cute! Thanks for linking-up! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete