Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday Favorites




Yayyyyy!!  It's Friday and I hope you all have had a great week!  I am linking up again with Andrea, Erika, and Narci for some Friday Favorites :-)

 
#1 Cucumber & Lemon Water

My sister and I started a new 12-day detox this week.  Our eating habits have been out of control lately and we decided it was time to make some serious changes!  Part of our detox includes drinking a gallon of water each day.  And let me tell you, for someone who drinks a minimal amount of water, this is quite the challenge.  However, we stumbled across some detox water ideas and we've been adding cucumber and lemon...super yummy plus healthy!

Skinny Body Fat Flush and Detox  1 cucumber 1 lemon 2 limes 1 bunch of mint  Slice them all and divide the ingredients between four 24 oz water bottles and fill them up with filtered water. Drink daily Not only does this taste delicious and help flush fat, but it also counts toward your daily water intake!  Lemons: Help in the absorption of sugars and calcium and cuts down your cravings for sweets.

 I found recipes here for a Watermelon & Mint detox and also Cucumber and Lime. Definitely going to be trying these out!

Make Your Own Detox Drink for Daily Enjoyment & Cleansing
 Make Your Own Detox Drink for Daily Enjoyment & Cleansing with: 1 cucumber (slice) or part of watermelon (diced) 1 lemon (diced) or lime 1 handfull of mint leaves  1-2 liters of cold water Let them stay overnight in the fridge!! Enjoy


#2 Favorite Verse this Week

1 Corinthians 10:31
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."


I love this verse and think it's a great way to put in perspective the ways in which we are serving the Lord.  EVERYTHING we do, whether its serving others, studying for an exam, or working a 9-5 job, should be for the glory of God.  With this mindset, I think our outlook and actions all begin to look more like Christ, which ultimately should be our goal!  When I am starting to get a negative attitude about the crazy amount of studying I have to do or a not-so-favorite chore that needs to be done, I try to keep this scripture in mind.


#3 Leather

 I have been OBSESSED with leather lately!!  I feel like it can be worn for so many different occasions and you can make it super edgy or cute & chic.  Either way, it's to die for.  Here are a couple looks I found that I loveeeee:

grey cashmere + leather
Leather & Denim 
Leather, studs and pleats


#4 When I Was Your Man Cover by Thomas Rhett

Well first off, anything by Thomas Rhett can be considered a "favorite."  I love, love, love his music and recently he came out with a new cover for Bruno Mars' "When I Was Your Man."  I think this version is amazing and I love the fact that his wife Lauren is in the video (I have a major couple crush on them)! haha




#5 bareMinerals' 'Marvelous Moxie' Lipstick, "Lead the Way"


My mom got me this lipstick for Christmas and I absolutely love it!  My lipstick obsession has been crazy this past year and I've been really wanting a darker, maroon color.  I wear a lot of black and this shade goes perfectly!

'Marvelous Moxie™' Lipstick
Buy this from Nordstrom here for $18


Hope everyone enjoys their weekend! XO Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment