Sunday, February 1, 2015

Sunday Funday: Superbowl Edition


Kicking off the week with a little Sunday recap!  I didn't have class on Friday so I've been able to enjoy an extra long, relaxing weekend!  I've spent the weekend in Muncie visiting Mitch and we started off our day visiting a new church on Ball State's Campus.  Coming to college, it's often hard to find a church to call home.  We've been researching and he's attended a different church while here at school, but I have really been wanting to try this one.  It's called "The Revolution" and meets in the Student Center on Sunday mornings at 11.  We loved the service and it looks like we might have found the church we will be attending from now on while we are here in Muncie...super exciting :-)  

This church is currently in a series called "Beginnings: Stories from Genesis."  I believe this was the third week so we have a little catching up to do, but today we looked at the 4th and 5th chapters in the book of Genesis.  These chapters tell the story of Cain killing his brother Abel out of anger and how the path of self-reliance leads to destruction.  The message was very convicting and I pray that I grow in my walk with Christ and that I constantly look to him in every aspect of my life...through the ups and downs, decision-making, relationship building, everything really.


After church, we ate lunch on campus and went outside to realize Storm Linus a.k.a. Blizzard of 2015 had hit at full force.  We had been hearing of the storm all week, but with the accuracy of the weather reports this winter I wasn't going to believe them until I saw it.  Well I saw it people, and now it looks like my stay in Muncie will be extended by an extra night...I'm not complaining :-)  

Sundays usually consist of lots of studying for both Mitch and I because we tend to be the WORST procrastinators ever!  We had planned a study date at the library today, but that soon got deleted from today's itinerary when the blizzard hit (I didn't think it was that horrible, but Mitch insisted on staying in haha).

After working on homework for awhile, we got all geared up for the Superbowl by making some Buffalo Chicken dip (my fav)! I'd say it's an essential for some Sunday football and I posted the recipe we used below :-)  We weren't too excited for the game this year because I think we were still sad the Colts lost haha.  We aren't fans of the Patriots, so I guess it's goooo Seahawks!!


(Super Yummy AND Easy) Buffalo Chicken Dip:

Ingredients:
-1 large can shredded chicken
-2 small boxes cream cheese
-1 cup shredded cheese
 -Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
-Ranch (if desired)

Mix chicken and cheeses together in small/medium crock pot.  Add desired amount of buffalo sauce, depending on how spicy you would like it (we kinda just eye-balled it).  We also added ranch to add a little somethin-somethin.  Cook on high until melted..enjoy!!


Hope everyone's week is getting off to a great start!! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment