Thursday, February 12, 2015

Thankful Thursday


Yay!! It's Thursday...which means the weekend is ALMOST here :-)  I don't know about all of you, but I am ready for a couple days off!  I am linking up today with Maddie and Addie for "Thankful Thursday."  This series is a great reminder of the many things I have to be thankful for!
    
 
I am thankful for babies
Last weekend I went to my first-ever gender reveal party.  Such a fun way to find out the gender of your baby with the company of your family and friends!  Mitchell's brother is getting ready for his second child and they decided they wanted to find out the big news at the same time as everyone else.  They gave the ultrasound results to a friend so she could prepare a cake with either blue or pink in the middle.  We took a vote and I'd say everyone was pretty confident there was going to be another little girl running around.  They cut open the cake and..........
 
 BLUE.  IT'S A BOY!  I don't think they said a word for about 2 minutes straight because they were in so much shock haha.  Mitch was actually unable to attend the party because of work so I had his number on speed dial to give him the exciting news as soon as possible.  It melts my heart how much he loves being an uncle.


...and Kambre is super excited for her "bubba" to arrive at the end of June :-)


I am thankful for God's perfect example of love
With Valentine's Day coming up this weekend, I've been thinking a lot about the true meaning of love-- what it means to love and be loved in return.  The sermon at church last Sunday described God's example of love and the ways in which we are able to imitate this love back to Him and others.  I am so thankful for a God full of mercy, a God who paid the ULTIMATE price, and a God who loves me unconditionally.  His example reveals the true meaning of love and I pray I am able to love Him and others like this!
 
Let all the you do be done in love. - TriciaGoyer.com
free LDS printable artwork | quote by Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Romans 5:8
 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 John 4:19
We love because he first loved us.


I am thankful for the birth of two of my favorite people
I don't know about you, but they're feelin' 22!!!  Two of my sweet friends celebrated their birthdays last weekend.  I'm so blessed by these friendships!
 
Taylor and I have a "long-distance" friendship and I don't see her nearly enough.  When we are able to get together, there's never a dull moment.  She's hilarious and I am so thankful we've become so close these past couple of years!  Can't wait to be reunited to celebrate :-)
 
I get to see Ashlee pretty much every single day because we have multiple classes together at IU.  We've grown so much closer since high school and for that I am thankful.  Glad we got to celebrate YOU this weekend!

All at once. just was singing this and saw it and was so happy that i figured out the order of the words 
Hahaha, the song "22" is fitting and this is so them!

I am thankful for Indiana University
Well as of this week, it's official.  I WILL BE GRADUATING COLLEGE IN LESS THAN 3 MONTHS!!  Where has the time gone?!  As much as school completely stresses me out and shaves hours off of my life daily, I have had such a great experience here and I wouldn't trade it for the world.  These 4 years have flown by and left me with unforgettable memories surrounded by so many great people!
 

This campus is beautiful beyond compare.  If you haven't visited, I definitely recommend it...you are missing out!
 
One of my favorite college memories is the dorm living days.  I loved meeting so many people on my floor and ALWAYS having something cute to wear because there were so many girls.  Having a meal plan was a huge plus as well...I'd definitely relive these days!
 
Another highlight of college, well my life really, was the IU-Kentucky game!  The experience was completely indescribable and I got to share it with some great company.  GO HOOSIERS :-)



Take time to reflect on what you are thankful for this week!
Happy Almost Friday!!
XO Alex

2 comments:

  1. Love this! The next time you and Taylor get together can I PLEASE come! haha she is the greatest :) Also if you go to my post at the bottom you can actually add your link to my page :) that way people who see my post can also see a link to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it crazy how fast time flies? I'm so excited for a new chapter, but I am going to miss college so much! I hate to admit it being a Boilermaker and all, but IU really is such a beautiful campus! Also, I love Romans 5:8. It is one of my absolute favorites! Have a wonderful Thursday, Alex! :)

    ReplyDelete